|Marriage stone, on the old part of the house, dated 1598 erected by Patrick Grant on his marriage to Jean Gordon|
|The inviting entrance to the restored wing of the Doune now home of Johnny and Philippa Grant|
|The attractive formal gardens by the present main entrance to the old part of the house.|
Following requisition by the Army during WW2 the Doune, like so many similar properties, gradually became semi derelict. Renovation, which is still on going, was begun by Johnnie Grant of Rothiemurchus in 1978.
|An intricate cornice above the bow window to the right of the front door of the Georgian wing, a dauntingly huge amount of work remains to be done to fully restore the Doune to its former glory.|
|The present ruinous church in the Doune policies was rebuilt around 1830 by John Peter Grant of Rothiemurchus, on the site of a much earlier church of which only the windowless side facing the Doune was incorporated in to the replacement. Writing in 1812 Elizabeth Grant remarks on the dilapidated state of the church and neglected graveyard. This was the parish church for Rothiemurchus and two poorly attended services,one in English, the other in Gaelic were held each Sunday.|
The original church was dedicated to St Tuchaldus and is first mentioned in the Register of the Bishops of Moray in 1229. Tuchaldus was an itinerant Culdee missionary who built a grain mill, powered by water from the Allt na Cardoch burn, in what is now the North East corner of the kirkyard.
|A Sexton Beetle, (Nicrophorus investigator) on the remains of a dead bird, appropriately in the kirkyard. These beetles are said to be able to scent carrion over huge distances and are named for their habit of burying decaying matter.|